I am happy to reveal that I recently teamed up with Hearthhead to take a more in-depth look at many of the cards from Hearthstone’s Journey to Un’Goro expansion.
I have always been interested in the nitty-gritty details behind Hearthstone cards, but this information is difficult to find, and sometimes even difficult to calculate yourself, as so many details are not available in the game itself. Therefore, I set out on a journey with Hearthhead to find out just how the cards work. I’m sure there is still more to uncover, but we were at least partially successful.
For example, just how much easier is it to find a spell from your deck with Shadow Visions if you have two copies left in the deck as compared to just a single copy? In general, it is around 25 percentage points easier, with single copies reaching 50% Discover rates only at six spells left while two copies are found more than half of the time already at ten spells left.
Or, have you ever wondered why Elemental Paladin might be a good deck to play? Servant of Kalimos being able to Discover Ragnaros, Lightlord 53% of the time is definitely one appealing part of it. That 53% also applies to the new Elemental classes – Rogue and Druid – trying to Discover Jade Spirit.
What about the Shaman quest and Megafin? Can you always find a Murloc Warleader to buff your army? Unfortunately not, because even generating the full ten cards only gives you a 42% chance to generate a Murloc Warleader.
Ever been one damage off lethal as a Mage? Need it right now and have a Primordial Glyph in hand? Unlike the common perception, you have not quite won the game yet, because the chance that you find direct damage is 55% – still way better than getting a purely random spell from killing off your Shimmering Tempest, which would only give you direct damage 23% of the time. Yes, Discover is just that strong.
What if you want to make a C’Thun Druid and grab some extra copies of Dark Arakkoa from Stonehill Defender? You’re not going to see them every game, as you only have a 23% chance to be offered one.
Hey, that Priest just played a Mage secret, what? Oh, he had an Un’Goro Pack. Then it has to be Mana Bind, as it is the only Mage secret from Journey to Un’Goro expansion.
Card guides do not give you the answers on what to put in your deck or how to play it. Instead, they serve as a handbook on what is possible and what is probable when using certain cards.
Here is a list of card guides we have created:
- Jeweled Macaw: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/jeweled-macaw
- The Marsh Queen (Hunter Quest): http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/the-marsh-queen
- Crackling Razormaw: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/crackling-razormaw
- Swamp King Dred: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/swamp-king-dred
- Kalimos, Primal Lord: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/kalimos-primal-lord
- Volcano: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/volcano
- Unite the Murlocs (Shaman Quest): http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/unite-the-murlocs
- Hallucination: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/hallucination
- The Caverns Below (Rogue Quest): http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/the-caverns-below
- Sherazin, Corpse Flower: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/sherazin-corpse-flower
- Jungle Giants (Druid Quest): http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/jungle-giants
- Tortollan Forager: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/tortollan-forager
- Tyrantus: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/tyrantus
- Open the Waygate (Mage Quest): http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/open-the-waygate
- Primordial Glyph: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/primordial-glyph
- Pyros: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/pyros
- Shimmering Tempest: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/shimmering-tempest
- The Last Kaleidosaur (Paladin Quest): http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/the-last-kaleidosaur
- Hydrologist: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/hydrologist
- Sunkeeper Tarim: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/sunkeeper-tarim
- Awaken the Makers (Priest Quest): http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/awaken-the-makers
- Lyra the Sunshard: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/lyra-the-sunshard
- Curious Glimmerroot: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/curious-glimmerroot
- Shadow Visions: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/shadow-visions
- Lakkari Sacrifice (Warlock Quest): http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/lakkari-sacrifice
- Clutchmother Zavas: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/clutchmother-zavas
- Chittering Tunneler: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/chittering-tunneler
- Fire Plume’s Heart (Warrior Quest): http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/fire-plumes-heart
- Molten Blade: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/molten-blade
- Explore Un’Goro: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/explore-ungoro
- King Mosh: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/king-mosh
- Elise the Trailblazer: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/elise-the-trailblazer
- Hemet, Jungle Hunter: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/hemet-jungle-hunter
- Primalfin Lookout: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/primalfin-lookout
- Stonehill Defender: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/stonehill-defender
- Spiritsinger Umbra: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/spiritsinger-umbra
- Servant of Kalimos: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/servant-of-kalimos
- The Voraxx: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/the-voraxx
- Tortollan Primalist: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/tortollan-primalist
- Ozruk: http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/ozruk